Friday, December 07, 2007

I just got the Mona Lisa in the mail

On Monday I went to check the mail. Upon opening our mailbox I saw a small package. I couldn't tell if it was a Christmas present or not. It didn't really say. So I opened it rather than waiting until Christmas - I'm sure glad I did.

Inside the package wasn't the Mona Lisa, but it may as well have been. My friend Marta crocheted the most beautiful lace piece for our house-warming present. She told me she started it while traveling in Nome, and I can only imagine how many hours she put into this. It's a beautiful tulip pattern and clearly shows her talent - all sections are even and gracefully worked. It measures about 18 inches wide - I wish my quilts would turn out this wonderful!!

So enjoy, as I am, this work of art. I am so thankful for the good friends I have in my life. Thank you Marta, for giving me this exquisite piece of art to decorate my humble house.
Shan



4 comments:

Liz said...

WOW!!! That's talent. And a huge dose of patience. Incredible.

Yvonne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Now...how about some photos of your quilts? Speaking as one of your new viewing audience (I clicked on you from Liz's blog), I know your readers...like me, for instance...would love to see 'em! It's always fun to look at quilts...

Liz's Mama

Shannon & Richard said...

There are a few posts on here that have quilts in them already - see "L-Dawg and Rinkie Dink" for an action shot of one of my baby quilts, and "Double Irish Chain Wedding Quilt" for pics of my mom's beautiful quilt.

I'll work on finding pics and posting them :)

Nice to 'see' you Yvonne!
Shan

http://oelkerswedding.blogspot.com/2007/11/l-dawg-and-rinkie-dink.html
http://oelkerswedding.blogspot.com/2007/03/double-irish-chain-wedding-quilt.html

Michelle Therese said...

What a fantastic work of art! I'd be lucky if I could tie a few knots in a row... That's just downright amazing!